The Lofts were designed with the following in mind: Modern Loft LifeStyle Living, Convenience, Privacy, Safety & Security, Extreme energy & water efficiency / Ecomimicry. Based upon the loft lifestyles of New York, London etc., where old factories and commercial buildings were turned into lofts.
However, with Secunda being a town this young, a factory look had to be created, in sharp contrast to the overused and outdated “Boere Tuscan style” of the neighbourhood. Although the design was a bit “tongue-in-cheek”, the factory style was perfect to achieve the required pitch for the solar panels while allowing daylight into the backrooms and the extraction of warm air in summer.
AMENITIES & FACILITIES
MODERN, HEALTHY-LIFESTYLE LIVING
Each loft has 2 Bedrooms, one en-suite and one with a separate full bathroom, each equipped with luxuries such as heated towel rails. Both bedrooms have spacious cupboards.
Each unit has a large open plan living area with indoor braai facilities, large workspaces with complimentary wi-fi, a modern kitchen and dining room.
The large, double tandem garage hosts the washing area with private drying facilities and has plenty of storage space. We have an on-site, well-equipped gym for the health-conscious and a 15m heated pool in the communal entertainment area.
- Vertical living means you do not have neighbours above or below you
- South-facing windows are tinted thus total privacy from other guests
- Recessed windows and double glazing means reduced street noises
- Easy-access to the main road to Sasol, CBD, Secunda Mall and Lake Umuzi Waterfront
- Double, tandem lockup garage with motorised garage door and direct access into the Loft unit means no hassles in bad/cold weather
- Standby generator to prevent blackouts during the all too regular power-sharing and breakdown of electricity
- The on-site management will promptly solve any issue a guest may have
SAFETY & SECURITY
- Direct entry from garage into the unit
- Safety cell, upper floor living prevents access by burglars at night
- 2,5m high brick walls with electric fencing and armed response
- The open landscape to assist detections
- Security cameras with additional armed response. (ie. Double armed response)
- Cleaning staff are screened prior to employment
EXTREME ENERGY & WATER EFFICIENCY
The buildings make use of “Eco-bio-mimicry” principles to reduce energy consumption by reducing the outside surface area.
In summer, the warm air is extracted through the chimney, drawing cool air from the garage below whilst in winter the vents are closed to keep heat in.
Large double glazed north-facing windows with smaller double glazed south-facing windows allow the living area to be filled with returned light. The north-facing windows allow the sun in from autumn to spring, and in summer are shaded. Insulated walls and roofs ensure minimal temperature fluctuations.
Drying of washed clothes is by drip drying to the high energy consumption associated with tumble drying.
No electricity is used for water heating or cooking, and all appliances and lighting are energy saving.
Water saving, aerated showerheads reduce water consumption.
This means you can enjoy your lifestyle without having to worry about an energy bill. The units are fully equipped and services five days a week, with a weekly linen change.
Your ultimate flexible, long term, convenient accommodation which is safe, private and which include the following:
- Free, fast wifi
- DSTV with 32 channels
- Daily servicing
- Electricity, gas and water
- Private laundry – optional only for the discerning business executive
The Lofts - Thermal Performance
PEAK SEASON NOTICE
- Peak season rates available on request
- All rates include 15% VAT
PLEASE NOTE: ALL RATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE